ILM:07 Update: Google, Citysearch, Zillow +++
Big names, interesting people, compelling research. Forgive the commercial message here, but we’re set to deliver the goods at The Kelsey Group’s Interactive Local Media 2007 (ILM:07), Nov. 28-30 in L.A.
I think there’s something for everyone. And this year, as most of you know, we’ve partnered with Search Engine Strategies for a series of practical “build it” local search sessions. The SES portion of the event features great execs like Chris Tolles, who runs Topix; Zorik Gordon, who runs Reach Local; Brad Geddes from Local Launch; and Court Cunningham from Yodle … SES is a great partner.
If you haven’t checked the ILM:07 landing page for a couple of weeks, you are going to be bowled over by all the great additions. Just today, Google Maps visionary John Hanke confirmed as a keynote. It’s kind of fun when you can look up a keynoter on Wikipedia. We’re also adding Marchex CEO Russ Horowitz to a session that features Bill Day, the company’s chief media officer (and cofounder of About.com).
Some other recent “adds” include:
• Jay Herratti, who runs Citysearch, and is being interviewed back-to-back with Jennifer Dulski, who runs Yahoo! Marketplace;
• Jorrit Van der Meulen from Zillow, who is partnered on a cutting-edge real estate session with NCI head Dan McCarthy and Homethinking‘s Niki Scevak;
• Jeff Hughes, head of online advertising for General Motors, who is speaking about localizing national advertising with Centro‘s Shawn Riegsecker and Consorte Media‘s Alicia Morga;
• Mark Gorenberg at Hummer Winblad, who is partnered on the Local Investment panel with Kara Nortman from IAC/InterActiveCorp and Nick Veronis from Veronis Suhler Stevenson … (hey, this is a pretty smart panel);
• Robyn Rose, who’s building the LocalSearch.com platform for Idearc. She is on an all-star “convergence” panel with Candice Faktor from Toronto.com; Elaine Kunda from ZipLocal; and Malcolm “Premier Guide” Lewis at Local.com;
• Mike Orren from Pegasus News, who will talk about building TV station community sites, as will CityVoter‘s Josh Walker;
• Chris Wagner from NeuLion, who will show us the company’s IPTV system for local sports teams;
• Jonathan Weber, of Industry Standard fame, whose NewWest is leveraging the Web to promote and cover the regional development of the Rockies.
All these speakers are being added to the great execs who we announced a couple of weeks ago. Top execs like RHDi’s Jake Winebaum; Autobytel‘s Jim Riesenbach; Mahalo‘s Jason Calacanis; TMP Directional Marketing’s Stuart McKelvey; Yahoo! Search Marketing’s Dave Schwartz; comScore‘s Brian Jurutka; Judy’s Book‘s Chris DeVore; Krillion‘s Joel Toledano; Retrevo‘s David Galvan; and Shopping.com‘s Josh Wetzel.
In the next week or so, we’ll be adding a couple of real surprises as speakers (we hope); as well as a great Local Mobile panel, which takes its lead from Matt Booth’s Mobile Forecast.
(Tip: If you plan to come, sign up now for a cheaper rate, and book your flights and hotel ASAP. It takes place one week after Thanksgiving, which is a busy time. It is a NICE time to be in L.A. But get situated, OK?)