Verizon Will Offer New Content Delivery System This Spring
Verizon, the global broadband and telecommunications company, invested $370 million to develop a streaming video content delivery system and video ad platform designed to reach Web and mobile users. Verizon Unicast Content Delivery Services will use a variety of content suppliers to pair video streams with advertising via the Internet. It’s a Verizon-powered content delivery network aimed at its enterprise customer base.
Features for Unicast Content Delivery Services include:
- High-capacity, high-quality, real-time individualized video streaming
- Intelligent edge asset management
- Contextual ad and content insertion
- Virtually any network, any device, any time delivery
- Managed quality of service from content to consumer
- Robust and agnostic digital rights management
Verizon Digital Media Services has 30 data centers and an internal backbone that operates on multiple connections at 40 to 100 Gbps. The offering is scheduled for availability this spring.