BIA/Kelsey Webinar: 15 Game-Changing Trends in Interactive Local Media
Fifteen game-changing trends are happening right now in local media, and our analyst team discussed each one in today’s webinar ahead of our ILM East conference. Here’s the rundown:
- Curated commerce or the place where social, mobile and video intersect.
- Increased vertical shopping and marketplaces niches.
- A reconnection of the local search experience so it’s consistent across users.
- Emergence of the electrical wallet that performs transactions, manages deals and coupons, and engages loyal customers.
- Blanket multiple local channels for bigger and varied impact.
- Local niche plays leading to disruption of broader categories.
- Content as the new king of SMB social solutions.
- Socially enabled advertisements will become the new standard.
- Social sharing will extend ‘beyond the like’ and move into more targeted possibilities.
- Unified messaging platforms for merchants that provide a single dashboard for listings, reviews, social CRM, email marketing and SMS.
- Mobile local leaders will begin to monetize and charge merchants for services they currently give away for free.
- Quantity of mobile ads will explode and a share of those ad dollars will go toward location-targeted mobile advertising.
- As smartphone penetration grows, mobile ads will evolve.
- Mobile payments will soon become a reality as users increase their consumption of mobile local content including mobile advertising and deals.
- A return to the basics of mobile and establishing best practices.
We’ll take deeper dives into these trends and more at ILM East.