NAB’s PILOT commissioned BIA Advisory Services to explore how ATSC 3.0 can help broadcasters develop new revenue and public service opportunities in the data-driven marketing and audience targeting landscape. BIA Advisory Services presented several prominent data-centric opportunities and identified a landscape of data, adtech, and martech companies that could be helpful to broadcasters to build-out these data-centric business models.
PILOT just released this work, check it out here.
In our work, we highlighted examples of six new business models local TV broadcasters can pursue with their ATSC 3.0 platforms. The business models we explored in the report include:
- First-Party Audience Data
- Audience Analytics and Insights
- Addressability, and Personalized Content Targeting
- TV and Multi-Touch Cross-Platform Attribution
- Data Delivery and Content Distribution Networks
- Public Service, Alert, and Warning
The PILOT site includes links to the summary report and a database of companies that are or could be part of emerging ATSC 3.0 data-centric business cases. BIA will work with PILOT to update this.